Amy Winehouse had some chops…extraordinary vocals, stage swagger, and saucy lyrics filled with humor and soul. Let’s celebrate her legacy with our top 5 video picks Continue reading »
Oh Wont You Come On Over, Stop Making A Fool Out Of Me, Oh Why Dont You Come On Over, Valerie
Continue reading »
“keep on rockin in the free world”
Neil Young was honored as the 2010 MusiCares person of the year for his achievements in both the musical and philanthropic spectrums. In tribute to the legendary singer song writer, a star studded collection of artists covered some of his best songs:
1. Rockin In The Free World Keith Urban/John Fogerty/Booker T. Jones
2. Only Love Can Break Your Heart Lady Antebellum
3. The Needle & The Damage Done Dave Matthews
4. Tell Me Why Norah Jones
5. Cinnamon Girl Dierks Bentley/Booker T. Jones
6. Harvest Moon Josh Groban
7. Ohio Ben Harper
8. Don t Let It Bring You Down Jackson Browne
9. Broken Arrow Wilco
10. Lotta Love Jason Mraz/Shawn Colvin
11. (When You re On) The Losing End Elvis Costello
12. Heart Of Gold James Taylor
13. Down By The River John Mellencamp/T Bone Burnett
14. Human Highway Crosby, Stills & Nash
15. Helpless Elton John/Leon Russell/Neko Case/Sheryl Crow
Proceeds from the sales of the DVD/Blu-ray will go to MusiCares, which gives musicians in need financial and medical assistance. Find out more about MusiCares HERE
“don’t you worry i believe your story”
Simplicity often reveals the utmost beauty. That’s exactly what Vedder does with nothing but his ukulele and his emotion-filled voice. Be sure to listen to duets “Sleepless Nights” with Glen Hansard and “Tonight You Belong to Me” with Cat Power’s Chan Marshall. They’ll tug at your heart strings.
“Baby lock the door and turn the lights down low”
Scotty before Idol. Voice still as deep as ever.
Seventeen year old Scotty McCreery has been dubbed the new American Idol. His deep, smooth, Josh Turner-esque voice, mixed with a whole lot of country charm won over the hearts of America. This kid screams wholesome. But his high school baseball days in Garner, North Carolina might be coming to an end as he is launched into country super stardom. Could we have found country’s own version of Justin Beiber, except a few octaves lower?
PS I think everyone agrees that he should date Idol runner up, sixteen year old Lauren Alaina. They would without a doubt be the most adorable country teen couple EVER. Not to mention their duets would sell like hot cakes.